By Daniel Hall
Leverage the facility of Ansible to control your infrastructure efficiently
About This Book
- Configure Ansible in your Linux and home windows machines effectively
- Extend Ansible so as to add positive aspects similar to looping, conditional executions, and activity delegations
- Explore the services of Ansible from uncomplicated to extra complicated subject matters with the aid of this step by step guide
Who This booklet Is For
This e-book is meant for somebody who desires to examine Ansible ranging from the fundamentals. a few event of ways to establish and configure Linux machines and a operating wisdom of BIND, MySQL, and different Linux daemons is expected.
What you are going to Learn
- Manage your home windows machines with Ansible
- Use Ansible's command-line instruments to interrogate systems
- Interact with modules and install cloud infrastructures
- Process information inside of Ansible and expand the performance of Ansible
- Learn how you can shop secrets and techniques in Ansible's vault and observe different resource code administration techniques
- Build maintainable configurations for giant environments
- Write customized Ansible plugins efficiently
- Extend the performance of Ansible via writing your individual modules
Ansible is an open resource software program platform for configuring and dealing with pcs. It presents a transparent and concise strategy to deal with the configuration of your Linux infrastructure. This booklet is a step by step consultant that gives you with the information you require to successfully deal with your platforms in an easy, quickly, and maintainable means, with real-world examples.
You will commence by way of studying the fundamentals of Ansible after which stream directly to exploring extra complicated themes. you'll then study the fundamental and complicated operations of playbooks and have interaction with modules to control home windows machines and installation them. additionally, you will get conversant in Ansible's extra complicated gains reminiscent of serially updating machines, delegating initiatives to different machines, complex makes use of of variables, looping and stipulations, copying complete directories, and utilizing filters to technique variables. in the direction of the tip of the ebook, you are going to the right way to bring up the performance of Ansible itself through writing your individual modules and plugins.
Read Online or Download Ansible Configuration Management PDF
Similar linux books
Process directors have to remain sooner than new defense vulnerabilities that go away their networks uncovered on a daily basis. A firewall and an intrusion detection platforms (IDS) are very important guns in that struggle, permitting you to proactively deny entry and visual display unit community site visitors for symptoms of an assault.
Starting Fedora 2 teaches you every thing you must comprehend on the way to set up, configure, use, and hold Fedora. This booklet particular essentially at readers who're utilizing (or making plans to exploit) the Fedora Linux working procedure for the 1st time. It deals the easy, plain-speaking information you wish as you start to discover the tremendous power of open resource software program.
This ebook is particularly gentle on content material (it's a gorgeous small publication, 193 pages for the first material). should you simply examine the desk of contents, you will get extra intensity in a pair hours of googling. It isn't a truly helpful e-book. It has not anything to provide a programmer with any point of expertise with Linux or embedded structures, and it does not quite teach the fellow who is new to these matters.
Administer Ubuntu Server within the Enterprise
Realize a dynamic, strong, and safe Ubuntu Server atmosphere with specialist assistance, information, and methods from a Linux specialist. Ubuntu Server management covers each side of procedure management--from clients and dossier structures to functionality tuning and troubleshooting. how to automate install utilizing Kickstart, arrange print and net servers, configure and safe networks and TCP/IP ports, and enforce Linux virtualization. you are going to additionally get information on sharing assets through NFS and Samba, holding your procedure, and customizing the Linux kernel.
- set up Ubuntu Server variation in a creation environment
- Use administrative instructions, safe with the PolicyKit, and customise permissions with ACLs
- Configure filesystems in walls, logical volumes, and RAID arrays.
- Configure safe distant management utilizing the safe Shell and Landscape
- deal with updates and configure neighborhood repository mirrors
- regulate clients with quotas, PAMs, and authentication databases
- construct internet servers utilizing Apache, MySQL, and PHP
- deal with safety with AppArmor, Kerberos, iptables-based firewalls, and TCP Wrappers
- Virtualize your method utilizing VMware, Virtualbox, and KVM
Covers Ubuntu eight. 04 (LTS)
- SUSE Linux Toolbox: 1000+ Commands for openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Red Hat Fedora 4 Unleashed
- MySQL Pocket Reference (2nd Edition)
- Firewall Handbuch für LINUX 2.0 und 2.2
- Web Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
Extra info for Ansible Configuration Management
These facts can then be used inside templates or as variables in the playbook. Facts act just like arguments that come from modules such as the setup module, in that they work on a per-host basis. We should use this to avoid putting complex logic into templates. For example, if we are trying to configure a buffer to take a certain percentage of RAM, we should calculate the value in the playbook. cnf owner: root [ 28 ] Chapter 2 group: root mode: 0644 notify: restart mysql - name: Start MySQL service: name: mysqld state: started enabled: yes handlers: - name: restart mysql service: name: mysqld state: restarted The first task here simply installs MySQL using yum.
Windows playbook modules Windows support is new to Ansible and as such, there aren't many modules available for it. Modules that are windows only are named beginning with win_. There are also a few modules available, which work on both Windows and Unix systems such as the slurp module, which we covered earlier. [ 36 ] Chapter 2 Extra care should be taken in Windows modules to quote the path strings. Backslashes are an important character in both YAML, where they escape characters and in windows paths, where they denote directories.
For most use cases, we will be running the module on the managed machine, so we will only need to install the boto module there. We can install the boto library in the following ways: • Centos/RHEL/Fedora: yum install python-boto • Ubuntu: apt-get install python-boto • Pip: pip install boto Then we need to setup the correct environment variables. The easiest way to do this is by running the modules using the localhost connection on our local machine. If we do this, then the variables from our shell are passed through and automatically become available to the Ansible module.
Ansible Configuration Management by Daniel Hall